The Send off Ceremony...


The Send off Ceremony...
(I like straightforward titles)

Apparently I never thought too much for the immersion, much less for the orientations, as I thought the best they could do for me was at least take a couple of weeks off of school (don't get me wrong though, days off of school are always good, come on now, let's be real here) to get my mind off of things. During the orientation, however, I realized that maybe the immersion maybe isn’t so bad after all. During the orientation I realized that the immersion could be a great leeway for me so that I could plan out stuff for my future and visualize what I would be doing maybe ten years from now if I actually picked the job I am basically trying to aim for now.

I also learned a lot of things from the speaker though, like proper ethics on the workplace and such; as well as strategic ways to find a job, and how to apply for one (so as to not screw up the screening process and actually land on a job).




In the afternoon we had a little send-off ceremony wherein we had the parents come to us for the candle lighting. Before the we did the activity our principal gave us some inspirational advice (like the weapons for success, or at least that’s what I remembered they’re called to be) to help us go through the 59 days of school that are left. Then we had the candle lighting ceremony (my mom wasn’t there, but I believe I still got the essence of the event and what it was trying to imply to us --- our parents illuminating our future and being the light to guide us as we go through life and become adults), and somehow that experience enlightened me on how much our parents worked so hard to make us reach this point in our lives and how they are still striving to guide us into the future. The day ended well for everyone and I guess all of us learned a bit of something during that experience.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The last day of the first time

Some of the stuff that I learned...

My photo
Stephen Abenales
Just a virgin who is very much contented about his life, though is aspiring for more...if that made any sense...