Simballay Festival 2017




The Simballay Festival first came into existence in 1994 when Nabunturan was named as a Provincial Agri-Industrial Center in Region XI alongside with the municipalities in Tagum and Panabo which had now become cities except Nabunturan. Simballay is an annual festivity of the Municipality of Nabunturan coined from a Mansaka word meaning, “Togetherness, sharing and thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest.” The City of Nabunturan celebrates its bountiful 23rd Simballay Festival with the theme of "Pagpasalamat, Paglipay, Pag-inambitay...Simballay!".”
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor
Different competitions are being held in line with the festival, there are and have been singing competitions (garbo), Christmas chorales, dance competitions (iwag sa kadalanan), sports competitions (of which I joined…and somehow won), and many more.  People from different places came to see the spectacles of the festival and watch the competitions.

I guess the most remarkable experience I had with this year’s simballay was the sports competitions held in line with the festival (wait is it in line with the festival? I believe it is…) as I met a lot of people with it and got to play with them. I’m not a big fan of going outside, but something made me go outside during the festival, and boy was I not disappointed. There were cool booths that showcased the culture of Nabunturan as well as the history of various barangays, there were cool antique stuff on auction, there were epic lights at nighttime, going outside at that time was was truly one of the best decision I’ve made in my life. I guess the best booth that I saw would be the Pangutosan booth as the texture of the booth was really cool, nonetheless all the booths were pretty nice.


Simballay 2017 was very fun and amazing and it really enlightened me on how remarkable and beautiful our culture is. Advance Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The last day of the first time

Some of the stuff that I learned...

My photo
Stephen Abenales
Just a virgin who is very much contented about his life, though is aspiring for more...if that made any sense...